The Catskill 3500 Club hosts an annual Winter Weekend every January to bring together all levels of hikers – those new to winter hiking to very experienced outdoors people – to enjoy, learn and appreciate the Catskill Mountains. Hikes and bushwhacks are offered to a variety of peaks, including the four required winter ones. Information on next year’s weekend will be posted in the fall.
We are happy to announce that the social portion of Winter Weekend will return in 2023. The Catskill Seasons Inn will be offering rooms for the weekend (Friday/Saturday January 20-21) and space for an evening gathering on Saturday. Room rates are being discounted 20% for 3500 Club attendees.Each day rate includes an Enhanced Continental breakfast (not hot). Saturday night’s get together will begin with a cash bar at 4:30pm. An ala carte menu will be available from 6:30-8:00. Both can be viewed on their website.
Reservations can be made and more information obtained by calling 845-688-2505 from 9-5 or online at www.Catskillseasonsinn.com. Our coupon code is 2023Catskill3500. We only ask that 1 credit card per room is used. If you’d like to share the cost with fellow members, please make arrangements between yourselves.
On July 9th the Club is returning to the Ashokan Center for our annual meeting. This time we will be up in the main hall which will give both outdoor and indoor seating options, an improved menu and a cash bar. We are limiting the number of guests to 200 so please register asap. More information about the event and the registration link are here.
Any questions? Please contact our annual dinner chair Michael Bongar at: firstname.lastname@example.orgDay schedule:
- 12 pm: access to the Ashokan Center
- 1-3 pm: socializing with a cash bar.
- 3-5 pm: annual business meeting and awarding of certificates.
- 5 pm: dinner
- 8 pm: departure
Additionally, this meeting fulfills the requirements of our bylaws to gather membership for an annual meeting. At the meeting members in good standing (i.e. any member up to date on their dues) will be asked to vote on the slate of Officers and Directors.
More information and the slate can be found on our website for your review at http://catskill-3500-club.org/governance.php
- If you do not know if you are up to date on your dues, contact Dave White.
- If you want to pay your dues or are interested in a life membership, our member page is here.
- If you are a member in good standing and are unable to attend the meeting, you can request a proxy vote through our secretary, Linda VanSteenburg or download it from the governance page.
- Do you have other questions or concerns about the governance documents? E-mail email@example.com.
We are working to see whether we can offer our yearly Wilderness First Aid Class again. We will publicize details if it will be offered.